Sign up for Arbiter Live and follow your favorite WHS teams. Choose team and then Follow Team.
Head Coach: Leslie Varys
Find us on the REMIND app @wasillax
Parent/Athlete XC meeting over Zoom will be Wednesday Aug 12th at 6:00pm
Meeting ID: 785 0828 5884
XC practice will be Monday - Friday: 4 - 5:30pm starting July 29th
You can join anytime! Make sure you have the "BEFORE YOUR FIRST PRACTICE" items complete (see below)
We are so excited to be able to start our sports season in the green! Please be flexible as there are continuous developments and guidelines being developed even after our season gets underway. Things can change daily and the entire season is very fluid right now. The Matsu Borough School District website will have daily updates on the status of school and activity guidelines for COVID. I will post updates on this site (Wasilla XC page) as well as send out updates on Remind as I get them.
Every day we can meet is a blessing. Please make sure you continue to practice good hygiene and social distancing to keep our season going! Thank you for your patience and support!
BEFORE YOUR FIRST PRACTICE:
1) Register on PlanetHS AND COMPLETE ALL FORMS. Make sure you are in the 2020-2021 school year. There should be an option for you to "reuse" online forms from last year. ALL forms need to be e-signed by PARENTS AND ATHLETES (this includes the hockey and football forms even though we are XC), so you will each need a PlanetHS account. See drop down menu for "Quick Account Creation" on PlanetHS. Contact Kristen Harris (907-352-8217) to check your status
2) Make sure your physical is up-to-date. It should be uploaded to PlanetHS or turned in to Kristen Harris (907-352-8217) at the WHS front office
3) If you have returned from out of state travel within 14 days of starting practice we will need 2 negative test results. If you have only 1 negative test result, then you can either get a second test or wait out the remainder of the 14 days before you can practice.
If these items are not completed you WILL NOT be allowed to practice!
XC PRACTICE ROUTINE:
- Attendance and COVID screening questions will occur at the start of each practice
- Masks must be worn at all times we are not actively participating in excercise or cool downs (ie: at the beginning and end of practice or during instructions)
- Stay home if you are sick, have a fever or other COVID symptoms
- No physical contact at any time. No high fives/fists bump/elbow taps etc.
- Stay six feet away when possible
- Avoid all spitting/nose blows when around other people
- Positive attitude, positive language, and able to follow all changing requirements
- Bring the following:
- Water bottle (no water provided by the school) Have ice in it on hot days. Label it with your name - no sharing allowed
- Weather appropriate clothing and dry clothing to change into after practice. No sports bras only. You must have a shirt or tank top.
- Face mask. It will not be worn during any exercise or even right after.
- Your own hand sanitizer