Welcome to Mr. Rollman's WebpageHealth & Physical Educationemail address: email@example.com number: (907) 352-0421Education:B.S.- Public Health EducationB.S- Administration of Justice (Portland State University)Masters of Arts- Teaching (George Fox University)I am a born and raised Alaskan and graduated from Chugiak High School in 1999. I spent four years at Portland State University and graduated in 2004 where I earned two bachelor degrees. After completion of my undergraduate studies, I attended George Fox University and in the spring of 2005 I graduated with a Masters of Teaching Degree in Health and Physical Education.Like most Alaskan's I enjoy the outdoors. My favorite "outside of school" activities include snow machining, sport fishing, flying, and hunting. I also enjoy woodworking, welding, and spending as much time as possible at the cabin. I spend my summers commercial fishing with my family set netting in Cook Inlet and Bristol Bay.This is my 16th year of teaching, all in the Mat-Su Borough.If you have any questions or concerns about your son or daughter, please do not hesitate to email or call me.Monday and Friday Schedule ONLY. For daily schedules please visit the school website.Class ScheduleTimeClass (A Week)7:58-9:421. Weight/Cross Training9:47-11:262. Fitness Activities
11:31-12:01Lunch 12:06-1:463. HealthTimeClass (B Week) 7:58-9:42 4. Cross Training 9:47-11:26 5.Fitness Activities11:31-12:01Lunch12:06-1:466. Cross TrainingMy Grading PolicyTotal Points will reflect the weight of a given assignment
Standard grading percentages will be used. (100%-90%= A, 89%-80=B, etc.
- Students will be graded on projects and assignment completion as well as participation and employability skills. As long as students are putting forth their best honest effort, they will receive a passing grade. Late work is not allowed. Students have as many days as they were absent, to make up their missing work.
Grading Physical Education
- Homework: I don't assign any homework!!! I give students more than enough time to complete work in class. If students are absent, they can check out a textbook from the school library, or access it online.
- A- (100-90%) Superior Achievement
- B- (89-80%) Good Achievement
- C- (79-70%) Average Achievement
- D- (69-60%) Poor Achievement
- F- (59-0%) Failure/No Credit
Each class period is worth 5 points: The following is the breakdown
1 Pt. Employability- Being on time and prepared, failure to achieve either one of these results in no points.
4 Pts. Daily Participation- Attendance,effort, citizenship, knowledge, teamwork