College, Careers, and Scholarships
Click here for your Senior Checklist
The Alaska Performance Scholarship
Students must take
4 credits in Science, Math, Social Studies, and Language Arts or
3 credits in Science and Math, 4 credits in Social Studies and Language Arts, and 2 credits in a World Language to qualify.
Check out the Alaska Performance Scholarship Website for more information.
To apply for the Alaska Performance Scholarship and other financial aid opportunities, students must complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) by June 30th of each year. Visit fafsa.gov
ACT/SAT Testing Date 2023-2024
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
2023-24 FAFSA Form Available The new 2023–24 FAFSA form is here! Some states and schools have limited funds, so don’t delay! To begin your application, select the “START HERE” button on the FAFSA homepage.
Scholarships are arriving and closing. Please complete your post-secondary applications, FAFSA, and check in with your counselor for upcoming scholarships. Many scholarships for UAA, UAF, and UAS close on Feb. 15th. Get your applications and FAFSA completed soon!!!
Click on the links below to learn more about college.
Click on the links below to learn more about careers.
Login using Clever
Samples of scholarship links are listed below:
- ACF Art Jess Scholarship FY21
- ACF Chef Cotter Scholarship FY21
- ACF Dr John Halligan Scholarship FY21
- ACF Dreams to Fly Jeff Cheng Memorial Scholarship FY21
- ACF Harry Hirshik Scholarship FY21
- ACF Liam Hood Memorial Scholarship FY21
- ACF Scott Filbranz Memorial Baseball and Softball Scholarship FY21
- ACF Senator Bettye Davis Memorial Scholarship FY21
- ACF Shelly Szepanski Memorial Flight Scholarship FY21
- ACF The GCI Scholarship FY21
- ACF THS Patricia Roppel Scholarship FY21
- ACF Tim Akers Memorial Scholarship FY21
- ACF Toby Gamble and Janet Tolan Gamble Educational Scholarship FY21
- ACF JJ Klein Scholarship FY21
- AISES Scholarships FY21
- Alaska Carpenter Apprenticeship FY21
- Alaska CHARR Charles Selman Scholarship FY21
- Alaska School Counselor Assoc. Scholarships FY21
- Alaska Hotel and Lodging Assoc. Hospitality Scholarship FY20
- Alaska Peace Officer's Association Scholarship FY21
- Alaska Power Association-IBEW Local 1547 Scholarship FY23
- Alaska Power Association Hank Nikkels Scholarship for Engineers FY23
- Albert Lee Wright Jr Memorial Scholarship FY23
- ANTHC Board Of Directors Scholarship FY21
- Arctic Chiropractic Scholarship FY21
- Assoc. General Contractors of Alaska AGC Scholarship FY21
- BBB Students of Integrity Scholarship FY21
- Big Lake Lions Scholarship FY23
- Cook Inlet Tribal Council (HPOG) Scholarship FY21
- Denali Federal Credit Union Scholarship FY20
- Elizabeth Gaines and Katherine Steele Scholarship FY20
- Elks Scholarship
- Elks ASEA Vocational Grant FY21
- Follow Your Dream Scholarship FY21
- Indian Health Services IHS Scholarship FY21
- JBER Spouses' Club Scholarship FY21
- Lockheed Martin Scholarship FY23
- Lee Warner Classified Employee Assoc MSBSD.pdf FY20
- Mat Su Health Foundation Academic Scholarship FY23
- Matanuska Electric Assoc. Inc MEA Scholarship FY23
- Matanuska Masonic Foundation Ed. Grants FY21
- Mat-Su College Scholarship List FY21
- Mat Su College CTSO Performance Based Assessment Scholarship FY21
- Mat Su College: Opportunities Start Here Scholarship FY21
- Mat Su Schools Foundation Scholarships FY21
- McClain "Mack" Easton Memorial Scholarship FY21
- Mat Su MLK Jr. Foundation Scholarship FY23
- UA Foundation Mike Ardaw Scholarship FY21
- MSEA Scholarship FY21
- MTA Foundation Scholarship FY23
- MTA Foundation for Rural Services FY21
- Northland Pioneer Grange No. 1 Scholarship FY20
- PB & J Scholarship FY21
- Sunshine Community Health Center Scholarship FY21
- Sven & Lorraine Eriksson Alaska Scholarship FY21
- True North Scholarship FY23
- Valley Board of Realtors Scholarship FY23
- Warren N Cuddy Scholarship FY23
- Wasilla Rotary: Outstanding Leadership Scholarship FY21
- Wasilla Rotary: Service Above Self Scholarship FY21
- Willow Area Community Organization (WACO) Scholarship FY23
- Willow Lions Scholarship FY23
The Coca-Cola Scholars Scholarship - Due October 2, 2023
The Coca-Cola Scholars Program scholarship is an achievement-based scholarship awarded to students in their final year of high school.
Students are recognized for their capacity to lead and serve, as well as their commitment to making a significant impact on their schools and communities.
With the 35th class in 2023, the Foundation has provided over 6,750 Coca-Cola Scholars with more than $81 million in educational support. 150 Coca-Cola Scholars are selected each year to receive this $20,000 scholarship.
Click Here for to apply!
United States Senate Youth Program - Due October 25, 2023
The Department of Education & Early Development is soliciting applications for the U.S. Senate Youth Program—a national program sponsored by the Federal Senate and underwritten by the Hearst Foundation. It is open to juniors and seniors who hold elected positions in student government during 2023-2024 academic year. Students must be enrolled in a public or private school. State delegates will have outstanding leadership qualities and a strong commitment to public service.
Each delegate receives a $10,000 undergraduate scholarship and will participate in the USSYP Washington Week in Washington, D.C., March 2-9, 2024, where two Alaska students will join 102 other delegates for an intensive educational program about the workings of the Senate and the federal government overall.
Voice of Democracy - Due October 31, 2023
The "Voice of Democracy" is a scholarship program supported by VFW Susitna Post 9365. This is an essay scholarship for students in grades 9-12 with a top national prize of $35,000 for the winner. The process begins with the student submitting their
entry to our post for judging. We will award the winner a $500.00 check. Our post then forwards the winning entry to the VFW Department of Alaska for judging; if the essay is again selected, the student will receive another $500.00 check and a paid trip to Valley Forge, Pennsylvania. The essay will then be judged at the National VFW level, where if the essay is selected, the student will receive a $35,000 scholarship.
Click Here for more information.
McDermott Scholars Program at UT Dallas - Due November 1, 2023The University of Texas at Dallas is recruiting a new class! Your students with outstanding grades* and a proven passion for service and leadership might find their place with us.
This full-ride scholarship includes tuition, housing, living, and educational stipends, as well as funding for study abroad. While a generous merit award, it is also a serious commitment requiring students to demonstrably contribute through leadership and service, on campus and beyond, while also excelling academically.
- November 1: UT Dallas Application due (with supplemental documentation) and McDermott Scholars Program application due (with two McDermott Scholars Program recommendation forms).
- December 1: CV Academic Honors Program application due.
- Early February 2023: Finalists selected.
A UT Dallas NetID is required to start a McDermott Scholars Program Application, so apply to UT Dallas early to get one.*The Eugene McDermott Scholars Program application does not consider standardized test scores.
Elks National Foundation Scholarship - Due November 13, 2023
Applicants will be judged on scholarship, leadership, and financial need.
- Current high school seniors, or the equivalent, who are citizens of the United States are eligible to apply.
- Applicants do not need to be related to a member of the Elks.
- High school graduates are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States on the date their applications are submitted; permanent legal resident status does not qualify.
- The Elks National Foundation will award 500 four-year scholarships to the highest-rated applicants in the 2024 competition.
- Male and female students compete separately.
- Ranging from $1,000 per year to $7,500 per year, Most Valuable Student scholarships are for students pursuing a four-year degree, on a full-time basis (minimum of 12 semester hours), in a U.S. college or university. All scholarships are in the form of certificates of award conditional upon the full-time enrollment of the winner in an accredited U.S. college or university.
- The Chicago office of the Elks National Foundation announced the 500 national winners in April, 2023. (Many local Lodges, districts and state Elks associations award their own scholarships through this program. These scholarships are not to be confused with the 500 Elks National Foundation Most Valuable Student Scholarships.)
For more information, Click Here!
Minuteman Campaign - Army Reserve Minuteman ScholarshipThe Army Reserve Minuteman Scholarship helps cover higher education costs, while simultaneously preparing the cadet as a future Army Reserve officer.
If you are a high school senior interested in receiving an Army Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) scholarship and commissioning into the Army Reserve, the GRFD Minuteman Scholarship provides you an excellent opportunity.
Types of Scholarships.
- 4-year scholarship may only be awarded to incoming college freshmen attending a host ROTC program.
- 3-year awarded to an incoming college sophomore that pays the last 3 years of benefits provided the applicant successfully meets the requirements to contract.
- 2-year awarded to an incoming college junior or graduate student that pays the last 2 years of benefits provided the applicant successfully meets the requirements to contract.
Scholarship recipients also receive a monthly stipend of $420, and a yearly book allowance of $1,200. In addition, Minuteman recipients participate in the Simultaneous Membership Program, which gives them experience with an Army Reserve unit while earning additional money for their service.For more information, Click Here!
Announcing BigFuture Scholarships for Class of 2024 and 2025!
Beginning December 5, 2022, all Juniors and Sophomores in the U.S. and U.S. territories in the Class of 2024 and 2025 can earn chances at $500 and $40,000 scholarships by taking steps on Bug Future to plan and pay for your future.
Students can earn chances to win these scholarships by completing these six steps. The more steps they complete, the more chances they have to win.
- Start Your Career List
- Build Your College List
- Start Your Scholarship List
- Strengthen Your College List
- Complete the FAFSA
- Apply to Colleges
How to Get Started: Students, parents and educators can learn more at bigfuture.org/scholarships.