Upcoming District Events
August 11, 2021
August 12, 2021
August 13, 2021
August 14, 2021
August 15, 2021
August 16, 2021
August 17, 2021
August 18, 2021
August 25, 2021
Welcome to the Home of the Grizzlies
Leigh Magnan-Principal, email@example.comChris Sawyer - Administrative Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.orgShari Mason - Office Secretary/Registrar, email@example.comMandy Trelfa - Records Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.orgRachel Lund - Nurse, email@example.com address: 3808 S. Big Lake Road, Big Lake, AKmailing address: PO Box 520049, Big Lake, AK 99652office phone: 907.892.9700 fax: 907.892.9780
Big Lake Announcements
Upcoming BLE Events
July 1 Registration opens FY 2021-2022
August 2021 Kindergarten Roll-in
August 18 First day of School!!Big Lake Elementary School Hours 2021-2022
* Please try to call with any end of day transportation changes prior to 2:00
- School drop-off @ 9:00
- School begins at 9:15
- School ends at 3:45
- School buses depart at 4:00
School Supply Lists
Thank you to these local businesses and community members for their donations to our Grizzly Cache!
Jeff Ross, Jo Walch, BLE PTO, First Choice Physical Therapy, True Colors Painting, Tundra Tanning & Taxidermy, MBC Concrete/Construction, Three Bears Alaska, Gorilla Fireworks, Doyon Utilities, K3 Group, Perfect Start, Enderson's Concrete, McKenna Brothers Paving, Providence Progressive and Intermediate Care Unit.
- The vaccine for children 12 and older has been authorized with the expansion of the FDA Emergency Use Authorization for the Pfizer vaccine to include ages 12-15, Mat-Su Public Health Nurses will be working with MSBSD School Nurses to provide COVID-19 vaccine clinics.
- The vaccine being administered will be the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine. If you have questions or concerns about receiving the COVID-19 vaccine please discuss them with your medical provider.
- Participants will need to receive a second dose 3 weeks from the first. If they are unable to return to the same site they can receive their second dose at another location, but it must be the same brand (Pfizer).
- Plan to remain at least 15 minutes after the injection for observation. This is a "Mass Vaccination" setting with minimal privacy, so wear clothing where you can easily expose your preferred shoulder.
- This vaccine is for those aged 12 and older. Staff, family members, students, and community members aged 12 and older are welcome. Individuals under 18 will need to have the vaccine registration form completed by their parent or guardian - see attached form or visit links below to register online. Age will be verified. To find a clinic near you please visit PrepMod
- For answers to more Frequently Asked Questions please visit http://dhss.alaska.gov/dph/Epi/id/Pages/COVID-19/VaccineInfo.aspx
- For questions, contact Mat-Su Public Health at 352-6600.
Things to consider about vaccinating for Covid-19:
- Student won't be quarantined if identified as a close contact in school.
- Student won't miss out on sports or after school activities due to quarantine.
- Student will have minimal risk of contracting the virus at school.
- Student will be less likely to spread the virus to family members.
- Greater herd immunity in the community.
- The more vaccinated, the sooner mitigation strategies can be lifted or reduced.