Capstone is now testing all symptomatic school children and staff at our Palmer location, this should reduce wait times drastically. Capstone is offering rapid tests only at this site, if a patient needs to be examined they should be seen at the Wasilla location. Listed below are hours and locations.
3122 E. Meridian Park Loop
Wasilla, AK 99654
Saturday and Sunday 10:00am-6:00pm
12039 E. Maplesprings Way
Palmer, AK 99645
Please call ahead to be scheduled at (907) 864-4642.
FAQ for Capstone Testing
- How much does it cost etc.
Answer: Good question, we are billing patients insurance if they are insured but anything not covered by insurance is written off. No one receiving a COVID test will be charged by our clinic. If anything changes on our end with this I will send an update.
- Does this include all MSBSD staff members and students or just certain individuals?
Answer: All support staff and students in the schools qualify.
- Is this also by appt only or can they just drive up to be tested?
Answer: We prefer appointments, but we will test if they just show up as we can. The appointments will definitely help their wait time.
- Also how about students/staff that are identified as a close contact and want to be tested per public health guidance during quarantine but are asymptomatic? Can they also get this rapid test?
Answer: Students and staff that want to be tested due to exposure have to wait until at least day 7 to be tested unless they are symptomatic sooner, since they have to quarantine for 14 days regardless we would perform a state test for asymptomatic exposures.
- Lastly, if they need a weekend test should they go to the Wasilla location?
Answer: If they need a test on the weekend they should come to the Wasilla location.