NEW Fundraiser! This year Academy is Hosting “Mission Matsu” Scavenger Hunt!
The dates of the Scavenger Hunt – October 23 – 25th
Teams join online! Sign up your team to complete tasks and possibly WIN a giant basket filled with local Matsu Specialties and gift certificates!
October 23 – Pick up your task card and begin the FUN! Each task has a different point value. It is all done using the AP Goose Chase!
Tasks include many local businesses and local sites. Here are a few tasks that you might be able to choose from. (Points haven’t been added to the tasks yet.)
- Ride your bike on the Palmer pump track
- Take a picture of your team with your favorite dipped ice cream bars from The Original Gourmet Ice Cream Bars
- Stop in an take a picture with the 203 Kombucha Palmer Water Tower and your favorite kombucha drink.
- Take a picture inside the birch tree sculpture outside the Glenn Massey theater
- Paddling a boat on any area lake
- Biking or walking on the Mat Lake/Crevasse greenbelt
- Take a picture on the tower at Reflections Lake.
- Walking or riding at GPRA
- Take a picture with the Matanuska glacier in the background.
- Sutton playground
- Sutton museum
- Lions head
How can you help? Ask local businesses to join us in this great adventure! They are welcome to offer a small item or gift card and we will set the business up as a destination task! It is a great way to obtain some positive PR and increase customer traffic.
How else can you help? We need help spreading the word! We welcome teams from Anchorage, Eagle River, Glacier View, Talkeetna, Cantwell, Fairbanks, Soldotna, etc.! Soon, Mrs. Molina will send out the website and the link soon!
***** Academy’s approved FY2020-21 Calendar click to open the PDF in a new window.
Academy Charter School Policy on Age Requirement for Entry into Kindergarten your child is five (5) years old by August 1, they can attend kindergarten at Academy Charter School. If your child is six (6) years old by August 1, they can attend first grade. (Other MSBSD schools may accept younger students.) Students turning 5 years old by August 1 are more likely to successfully meet Academy’s rigorous kindergarten expectations and to perform better throughout their school careers.Click HERE for the Lottery Form for next years lottery application.Visit our Facebook pagePlease feel free to share link to this page on your own Timeline. This page will be a great resource for Academy families, community supporters and Academy alumni.
What is a Charter School? -The School Board has renewed our Charter until 2025-
- Charter schools have been described as the research and development arm of public education.
Is my child eligible to enroll? Yes! We are a public school.
Barbara Gerard, Principal